FIN - TUSA X-pert Zoom Split Open Heel SF-8
The SF-8 X-Pert Zoom split fin is unlike traditional fins which create propulsion only through repulsive force, the SF-8 attains propulsion by creating a pressure differential in the water flow using Propeller-fin technology.
- Propeller-fin technology provides the ultimate performance & comfort
- Innovative hydrofoil design that produces forward motion (propulsion) with less effort
- New age elastic material with ridged reinforced double layered construction
- 27 angle for maximum efficiency
- TUSA Patented easy-to-adjust strap features quick release buckles
TUSA's Angled Blade Design:
When using the standard traditional blade fin, with the leg completely extended, there remains an angle of 27 between the heel and the foot and the calf of the leg, causing a 10% loss of propulsion. Because the fin is angled below the body, during the kick phase, the body is pushed forward and down, instead of straight ahead. With the SF-8 fin, that 27 angle has been designed into the fin. This means that 100% of the energy expended during the kick phase is directed toward the propulsion of the diver. To achieve maximum performance from this fin, use a small bent-knee kick with a light rhythm. This creates less strain on the leg muscles compared with traditional fins, reducing the diver's fatigue and subsequent air consumption.
Limited sizes only remaining, this fin has been replaced by TUSA X-pert Z3 Open Heel SF-15
We Also Recommend