RAID Explorer 30
What do you do after your open water course??....continuing education.
Get certified to 30m, Dive Rottnest Island and go night diving.
Become an "Advanced" diver!
The RAID Explorer 30 course is an exciting fun program, designed to increase your skills and understanding of the important core areas of diving.
If you hold an open water certification from another agency, you are also ready to join us. This course is largely practical, so you have more time to enjoy your journey and practise the skills your Instructor will teach you.
The course will take you on 5 different dives so you can expand on the knowledge and skills mastered during your Open Water course.
- Great new dive spots!
- Practice buoyancy of an underwater ninja .
- Understand navigation using a compass and natural navigation.
- Experience the tranquility of night diving. See the phosphorescence shimmering green around you in the night and sparkling off your mask as you turn your head or wave your hands. A good spot to hunt prawns and crabs later.
- Plan and perform a deep dive off Rottnest Island on our boat.
- Gain further knowledge of the boat operations and learn the negative entry technique, it's perfect for diving live from a boat when there's a current.
Lots of diving.
Certification pack is US$65 and you can purchase online. (www.diveraid.com)
Link to the RAID Explorer course .
Don't forget to nominate PDA Hillarys or Balcatta as training facility
It has great information about each specialty dive. Don't worry, there's only 1 quick quiz and exam!
Practical course cost AUD$390 includes:
- 2 day time shore dives.
- 1 night shore dive.
- 2 dives on Lionfish IV around Rottnest Island.
- Morning tea, lunch, dessert, tea, coffee and soft drinks on the boat dives.
- Instruction with certified instructor
- All air fills for the duration of the course.
- BCD and regulator rental.
We’ll also give you a free Dive knife if you book online....
To take your diving to the next level, you will also need a torch, Surface Marker Buoy with reel, writing slate and a compass.
We have student price deals on all these you can purchase on
Want to get deeper?
The deep dive you do in Explorer 30, counts towards one of your deep dives for your Deep 40m specialty! This specialty culminates in diving the Key Biscayne oil rig wreck off Lancelin in 42m! Training for deep 40 specialty is held in Fremantle . Then we dive the Key Biscayne wreck off Lancelin on the following weekend.
Genuine oil rig wreck, diving next to majestic Grey Nurse Sharks, massive Wobbegong, Dhufish and Crays.